Blooming Moon Wellness Spa in Overlook Village, Portland is the expert in pampering expecting mothers! We have customized, aromatherapy blends and other considerations in our natural pedicures, manicures, massage and body treatments to ensure our mommies-to-be get the best- and safest– day spa experience possible.
Blooming Moon indulges all of our guests with only the finest, organic essential oil blends, lotions, homemade sugar scrubs and non-toxic nail polishes. However, for expecting mothers, using food-grade, non-toxic, organic products is crucial for the safety of both mom and baby.
Each of our spa providers are trained extensively in the various precautions for pregnancy massage. For example, there are vulnerable pressure points on pregnant woman that can be triggered during a pedicure massage if done by an untrained nail technician. Unlike other spa/salons, nail technicians at Blooming Moon Wellness Spa know exactly which points to avoid.
A few things expecting mothers should know BEFORE choosing a spa for treatments during or after pregnancy:
- Certain essential oils are actually safe to use during pregnancy: peppermint and citrus blends, for example, have been proven safe in alleviating such symptoms as headaches, muscle pain and indigestion.
- There are certain pressure points to avoid during massage, facials and especially pedicures. Ask if your spa provider is trained— these points should be avoided.
- Special bolsters and pregnancy cushions must be used for the comfort of mom and baby. Please note how far along you are in your pregnancy when booking your appointment to ensure proper treatment table setup.
- If breast-feeding, request that no essential oils are used during treatments when you are booking your appointment. Make a note to remind your spa provider of this– and any other changes to note for your health intake form–in the consultation before your service.
- Communicate with your spa provider! Tell them any difficulties or dislikes during your service. This will guarantee the best spa experience for you.
If you decide to get pampered anywhere else besides Blooming Moon Wellness Spa in North Portland, please take extra time to research that the spa facility uses all-natural/safe product lines, and that your spa provider is certified and trained in wonderful art of prenatal pampering!